Carlo Goldoni - Ravenna Intorno

Skip to main content
Ravenna Intorno
 
Today is Sunday 25 August 2019 Current time
 
 
You are in: Home | culture | Theaters | Carlo Goldoni

Carlo Goldoni - Bagnacavallo

interior of the thatre
Address:
Piazza della Libertà, 18 - Bagnacavallo
Opening hours: info +39 0545 280898
Phone: +39 0545 280898
 
 
ABQIAAAAJV9R2POcv19E81OjCYoEnxRtuAIONJ9RnY4_JWUG2DNTPkQljBTKXPy03bFeUu7cmDgwUmz566DcpQ
13
44.416257
11.977233
ajax-map-21130

The “Carlo Goldoni” city theatre was built between 1839 and 1845 to a design by the Bologna Architect Filippo Antolini.

The interior is a horseshoe shape in plan and is decorated with frescoes by Francesco Migliari from Ferrara on the fronts of the boxes and on the umbrella vault and with stuccowork by Antonio Tognetti from Bologna.
On either side of the proscenium there are six carved and gilded wooden medallions depicting famous people who were born in Bagnacavallo or had connections with the town. The curtain is the original and was painted in tempera by Antonio Muzzi (1815 - 1894), depicting “The visit of Senator Camillo Gozzadini to Bartolomeo Ramenghi”.

Currently, the theatre can accommodate about 400 people in the stalls, three tiers of boxes and the gallery.
In 1907 the theatre was dedicated to Carlo Goldoni, the famous Venetian playwright, whose father practised as medical officer in Bagnacavallo and is buried there.