Giardino delle Erbe “A. Rinaldi Ceroni” - Ravenna Intorno

Skip to main content
Ravenna Intorno
 
Today is Saturday 15 December 2018 Current time
 
 
You are in: Home | culture | Museums | Giardino delle Erbe “A. Rinaldi Ceroni”

Giardino delle Erbe “A. Rinaldi Ceroni” - Casola Valsenio

Address:
Via del Corso, 2/1 - Casola Valsenio
Opening hours: info +39 0546 73158
Phone: +39 0546 73158
 
 
ABQIAAAAJV9R2POcv19E81OjCYoEnxRtuAIONJ9RnY4_JWUG2DNTPkQljBTKXPy03bFeUu7cmDgwUmz566DcpQ
13
44.231481
11.623051
ajax-map-64471

The Herb Garden of Casola Valsenio, named after its founder Alberto Ceroni, is a botanic garden with the aim of growing and conserving plants with medicinal and aromatic properties. Owned by the Region of Emilia Romagna, it has been managed by the municipality of Casola Valsenio since the year 2000, with the collaboration of the co-operative Montana Valle Senio and the association Terre di Faenza.

It was opened in 1975, but the origins of the garden go much further back in time. It was created in 1938 by professor Augusto Rinaldi Ceroni, the director of the agricultural training college, who obtained permission from the educational authorities to convert a piece of land given to the school into an experimental plot for medicinal plants, to provide practice for the students.

The garden became part of the museum network of the province of Ravenna in 2003, and has always played an important role in teaching and education. This area of 4 hectares, divided into eleven terraces and a park, is home to more than 450 medicinal and aromatic plants, many of which form part of typical Italian flora.