Collegiata di San Francesco - Ravenna Intorno

Skip to main content
Ravenna Intorno
 
Oggi è Saturday 17 August 2019 Ora corrente
 
 
Sei in: Home | culture | Churches | Collegiata di San Francesco

Collegiata di San Francesco - Lugo

Address:
Piazza Savonarola, 1 - Lugo
Opening hours: info +39 0545 280898
Phone: +39 0545 22123
 
 
ABQIAAAAJV9R2POcv19E81OjCYoEnxRtuAIONJ9RnY4_JWUG2DNTPkQljBTKXPy03bFeUu7cmDgwUmz566DcpQ
13
44.418122
11.911401
ajax-map-21028

The church was rebuilt in the late 1700s by Cosimo Morelli but still contains Romanesque and Gothic elements from the 13th century building.

The interior is divided into four chapels on each side, containing eighteenth-century works by local artists; the outstanding example is Benedetto Del Buono’s painting of St. Francis in the large altarpiece for the high altar, which is the work of Luigi Morelli. The organ was built in 1780 by the Venetian organbuilder Giovanni Ghinei. To the right is the adjoining 15th century cloister.